I’m really inspired by the sky and all the things it contains. Birds, clouds, stars…etc. One of my absolute favorite things is a good sunset. Today I’m going to show you a desert sunset inspired by these colors:
Like this look? Read on to find out what I used to achieve it…
1. Urban Decay Lid Primer– A little bit goes a long way! This stuff keeps away creasing ALL DAY– I love it!
2. Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24 Cream Shadow– I used the color “Too Cool” all over my lid for a light base and extra shimmer.
3. Urban Decay Eyeshadow in “Last Call”– Pressed this all over the lid. Make as many layers as you’d like; be sure to get a rich looking color.
4. Stila Ultimate Color Palette– This is no longer sold and I actually got it at Costco (of all places) about two years ago. From what I’ve read, it was made in China and I agree with a lot of reviews that say it’s pretty substandard in comparison to regular Stila products. However, it does contain some nice colors that, although not super pigmented, are long wearing when you finally build it up to the color you want. I used this (below) ruddy, rose color from the palette and worked it over most of my lid, avoiding the inner corner.
5. Mac Eyeshadow in “Woodwinked”– Using a small shadow brush, I worked this into the crease ONLY.
6. Smashbox Eyeshadow in “Lucky Penny” (palette talked about HERE)- Worked this into the outer corner of my eyes and winged it out slightly.
7. Smashbox Eyeliner in “Bronze” (similar)- Applied to the top lashline and under the bottom lashes only.
8. Ulta Eyeliner Pencil in “Black/Brown” (similar)- Applied to waterline only.
9. Next, I took the same “Last Call” eyeshadow and brushed a small amount under my bottom lashes, where I had also placed the bronze liner.
10. Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies Mascara in Blackest Black– Mascara totally finishes off a look. I never go without it!
Other products I used:
Hard Candy Baked Blush in “Pin Up”
VS Mineral Bronzing Powder in “Glowing”
Smashbox Halo Highlighting Wand in “Gold”
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in “Apricot Fantasy”