My October favorites are coming right on time this month and I feel like, although my list is simple, I picked some reliable tidbits to share with you 🙂 So let’s get started, shall we?
- This past month I rediscovered my love for True Match foundation by L’Oreal Paris. I use the color “N4 Buff Beige”, which gives me a little more of a tanned look than my other foundations so, it compliments warm, fall colors around my eyes really well. For those of you who haven’t tried this, for one reason or another, I will warn you that this formula is rather thick and is definitely a full coverage foundation. In fact, I have the habit of applying it as I would normally and then just buffing a bit off with a tissue before putting on the rest of my makeup. Once the color sets into your skin it looks a lot more natural than when it’s been freshly used.
I wouldn’t, as a rule, use this as a summer base for any kind of ‘dewy’ looks, unless you use a powerful moisturizer underneath. However, in the heat, this tends to feel like my face is melting off so that’s why I keep it around for every day wear in the colder months. Also, since it’s very inexpensive, at only $8.99, I use it as an alternative to my more high-end foundations which tend to get used up more quickly if they are overly worn.
- I ranted and raved about the Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream to SO many people over the last month! If you guys read my “Three Steps to A Fresh Face” post, then you already know how much I loved it from the very first use. Seriously, my new beauty bff. A very, very little bit goes a long way and the effects of moisturizer, smoothing, and concealing last all day. I never feel like my face is greasy or weighed down after putting it on…or even 14 hours later. It also creates the perfect base for my next favorite…
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, love of my life. Why I didn’t just go ahead a long time ago, when I first heard about it, I don’t know. But, what I know now is that it couldn’t be pried from my hands! It has an even finish and gives your makeup the flawless outcome you see well-known makeup artists create. I can’t believe this is less than $6. It feels so luxe and delivers such a high-end result…!
- Lip colors seem to be what everyone’s talking about right now. The red, the berries, the burgundy… we love them all! The one I find myself wearing most lately is Maybelline SuperStay 14 Hr Lipstick in “Wine & Forever”. It’s a richly pigmented, deep Merlot color. Some people might say it’s more suitable for night-time wear but, personally, I wear it during the day too. I think it pairs nicely with a faux leather piece mixed with something feminine and flowy. The color gives you a bit of an edgy, vamp look and stays on for 14+ hours, just as advertised. Totally a favorite of mine for this season!
- To wash all of this muck off of my face, I picked up Clean & Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Cleanser. I have always loved the morning burst line but, I fell into a rut of washing my face with hand soap… Oh! the shame! 😮 Trust me, I’m blushing just telling you that. But, now that winter is approaching, it’s even more important for me to keep my skin in tip-top shape. I adore the way my face feels after using this product. Although it’s a little thin and it can be really easy to squeeze out too much, not a lot is needed. The scrubbing, bursting beads take away all the dead cells that can accumulate and infuse oxygen and caffeine into your pores. Also, it smells divine; like lemon and papya! I will, for sure, be using this faithfully.
I am currently obsessed with UK actress & singer, Natalia Kills’, album “Trouble” that dropped on September 2nd. She has such passion, talent, and an “I don’t care what you think of me” attitude; all of which come across in her songs. Natalia reminds me of a cross between Jessie J and Katy Perry. You have no idea how much love I have for this woman and her music; not to mention, her insanely, awesome sense of style!! Just have a look —> click here.
My favorite from the disc is the song, featuring the same name as the album title, “Trouble”. Check it out on YouTube HERE!
I’m a simple girl who is still learning how to accessorize. (Bear with me, loves!) But, in the fall, I find it to be a tad easier since scarves seem to never go out of style.
*Que Animal Print*
Now, put the two above items together and what do you get? A leopard print scarf. Perfect for any occasion, doesn’t commit to any single type of outfit, AND keeps you warm; yes, all of these things can exist in one item. 🙂 I was fortunate enough to get this scarf for just $5 during a sale online at Charlotte Russe. Below I am pictured wearing it (and my baby 😉 ) with a little black dress, black stockings, neutral knee-high boots, and a suede jacket.
There you have my October favorites, everyone! Now, it’s nearly November and we have the job to have yet another lovely month of life in just a little colder weather. ♥
Have a great day!!