Hello, beautiful! I have been waiting for a little over a week to post this because I wanted to make sure that I made proper use and judgements of the products I got in my Maven Box.
What is a Maven Box, you ask? Well, it’s just about the cutest little box of nail polish and beauty secrets that you could get! Click HERE to subscribe for your own.
I’ll admit that the only reason I initially opted into this was because the first Maven Box was free! Yes, my friends, all I had to do was use the code “FREEBOX”, pay shipping & handling ($4), and shortly got a sweet reward; two Julep nail polishes and two deluxe, beauty product samples.
I used to never be very interested in finger nail polish but, in the past year or so, I can hardly wait to change up the color! Because I have two kids and so much to accomplish each day/week (= not much time to pamper myself), I usually get a manicure every couple of weeks so, it takes a little longer for me to get through my various bottles. But, as soon as I opened this box, I knew that I’d be trying one of the colors at my next appointment. The box I got in the mail was, “Classic with a Twist”.
Padma- Royal Plum Creme
This shade is a very deep, royal purple with a hint of shimmer. I have yet to try this color on my nails but, I can tell you that in the bottle it’s gorgeous! It’s perfect for fall because it has a sophisticated, vampy vibe that you can get away with in the office and to your girlfriend’s bachelorette party this weekend.
I think this is a universally flattering color and I’ll be proud to sport this for two weeks at a time. Padma is subtle enough to stay mature and sparkly enough to be fun and flirty.
(Retails for $14 if you don’t have a Maven membership.)
Florence- Classic Camel Creme
I would not describe this color as “camel”. It’s not so much a beige or taupe as it is a true cream. That being said, it’s quite lovely! I currently have it on my nails and I couldn’t be happier with the lighter neutral color that can be worn all year long. It’s airy and luscious but, not over the top girly. An elegant color for a classy lady…which I know all of you are 😉
My personal opinion is that this would look better on lighter skin tones verses very tanned. I would suggest that you swatch this (if the store allows) to see if it’s right for you, before you take the $14 plunge to buy.
Instant Warming Foot Scrub .07 fl oz
The first words on the back of this are, “Bet you say WOW!” That made me super excited to try this! Unfortunately, it was a bit underwhelming.
I didn’t really feel a warming sensation while I was using it and the formula seemed really thin. It also didn’t smell like much of anything although it was said to have a cucumber scent. The pumice, however, was very nice and removed a lot of dead skin that you would otherwise have trouble removing with a loofa. My feet felt smoother than I had guessed they would and I was pleased with the overall result. I would recommend, though, applying a very saturating lotion to your feet after use, since shortly after my shower, I felt like my feet has just had all of the moisture removed from them. But, I can’t say that this was a consequence of usage or the quality of the product.
I don’t think I would buy this full-size but, if you feel like you want to try it for yourself, it’s on sale now for $12.99. Click HERE to start shopping!
Luxe Repair Skin Serum .60 fl oz
I was SUPER DUPER impressed with this! I got a full-size bottle, which I give major props to Julep for giving out! A hydrating, anti-aging, rebuilding serum for all skin types. Plus, it can be used in the morning, evening, or both!
At first, I was a little skeptical about this product just because I thought, “I’m 21. What do I need anti-aging formula for?” But, from the first use, I’ve been addicted!
You only need a few drops on your finger tips, slowly rubbed onto your face, to deliver a completely smooth and supple surface. The serum isn’t greasy and is absorbed quickly. It’s made to use underneath of your moisturizer and I swear it helps mine work even better! Here are some of the pros, according to the Julep website:
Features & Benefits:
- Rosehip seed oil – a nourishing oil (and natural source of vitamins A and C) that helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and post-acne marks. Contains natural fatty acids that bond moisture to skin2) Malvaceae Lipid Extract™ – a lipid complex that provides immediate and long-lasting hydration and works to rebuild skin structure from the inside out3) Green coffee bean oil – a natural anti-inflammatory that promotes cell turnover
- Malvaceae Lipid Extract™ – a lipid complex that provides immediate and long-lasting hydration and works to rebuild skin structure from the inside out
- Green coffee bean oil – a natural anti-inflammatory that promotes cell turnover
- I’m not sure how many Maven Boxes I’ll opt-in for and this baby sells for $28.00 if you’re a non-member. But, the favors this has done for my skin have me strongly considering re-purchase. Either way, I can guarantee a reappearance in my November faves!
- I hope you enjoyed the Maven Box as much as I have and if you decided to get your own, or already have, post the link to your review in the comments! Thanks, loves!