First off, I’ll say that, as much as I love music, I’m not attracted to music award shows for the performances. I want to see what everyone is wearing! Due to circumstances beyond my control, this year, I had to keep up with the AMA’s via Twitter. However, doing a little research, I didn’t fail to catch the best, worst, & wackiest dressed celebrities on the red carpet. There were a few, though, that I was very impressed with. Some of them might be surprising to you… they were to me!
Below are my top 5, best dressed, ladies of the evening.
5) Christina Aguilera- As of late, Christina Aguilera has made major changes in her appearance– and for the better! This stunning white dress, deco earrings, and blingy clutch are a modern nod to a Marilyn Monroe-like classic silhouette. I also like the ease of her hairstyle and iconic red lipstick.
4) Caroline Bryan- Completely in love with the vintage style beading on the wife of (the gorgeous) Luke Bryan. The gown itself has a very contemporary design but, the detail in the placement of each and every shining speck is impeccable. She looks like a southern supermodel without trying too hard.
3) Katy Perry- She’s always had an offbeat sense of style but this feminine, mixed print, strapless gown combines quirky & elegance flawlessly. The bookish handbag is adorable and a fresh take on girlish charm. This singing star always holds her own!
2) Kylie Jenner- For a sixteen year old, she’s got some extremely awesome fashion sense. Wearing a daring, dark pant, a white crop top, & pointed toe boot, Kylie Jenner pulled together one of the most fantastic monochrome outfits I’ve seen on the red carpet. Also, her minimal accessories and makeup allow for the focus to be maintained on her bold styling choices.
1) Daisy Fuentes- Does she look 47?! I don’t think so! I thought picking my #1, best dressed of the night was going to be really hard until… I saw this sleek ensemble on this Cuban babe. The contrasting textures and colors, sexy, backless detail, & floor length make this an ideal awards show gown. Classy, curve hugging, and chic!
Do you have any favorites? What’s your dream red carpet outfit? Here’s mine!