It’s that time again… Time to talk about all of the lovely little things my heart desires and that delight my daydreams. My December 2013 wishlist is one of the more lavish ones I’ve posted but, it’s so luscious that I just had to share.
1) The first and foremost thing that Ive had my mind on recently is a vacation. I think I hinted to that by posting my “Warm Winter Thoughts” post last Friday. Unfortunately, I don’t think a tropical getaway is something that’s in the cards for me this winter so I’m aiming a bit farther into the future.
Hubby and I haven’t gone on a vacation for just the two of us in a couple of years and lately a romantic, refreshing trip to reconnect has been consuming my brain. Between the kids, trying to move into a new house, and all of the traveling & hard work my husband does for his secular employment, we are fortunate if we get to watch a movie all the way through together. And if another baby is the plan for later then, I’d really like to make the most of the time we have.
My goal is to surprise him by traveling in the spring but, that means I have to start saving money now! It may not happen but, it’s something I think we both need– although hubs has laughed at me each time I suggest it, knowing that it’s out of the question right now. We love to explore new places together and I would love to see his face when I wave those tickets in front of him! If you have ideas for great places to visit please leave your best ones in the comments!
2) I’ve never been into wearing watches very much. At one time, I own about 5 of them and they were all shoved in a drawer. But, I find that the busier I am with work and the kids, the more convenient it would be for me to have one on. When I found this Tortoise Jet Set Watch by Michael Kors I was breathless. I adore tortoise shell anything and paired with the subtle sparkle, mother-of-pearl, and gold details– it’s a definite classic look that could be worn and cherished for years to come.
3) With the rainy (and, for some of you, snowy) months upon us, I find myself solely motivated to snuggle in a warm blanket and spend my time watching b&w movies. In line with that cuddly confession, I have fallen deeply in love with the trend of faux fur for home decor. I desperately want one of these faux fur throw blankets for my living room. I found the Himalayan designed one in the set, online at Woolworth’s. It looks so lush and fabulous… All it’s missing is a glass of wine and a fireplace!
4) This Southbound Faux Shearling Vest belongs in my closet asap! It’s thin enough to layer and wooly enough to keep warm. I love the neutral color and the rough, unfinished edges. And when it comes to pieces like this, I say, “The larger the better!” Perfect for wrapping up in on a cold day without looking drab. Forever21, ya done good!
5) Prada’s “Candy” fragrance has been my new favorite for the last month or so. I got a sample with one of my Sephora purchases and it was love at first sniff! I’ve been using the small tube sparingly but, I know that it’s pretty much inevitable that (at some point) I will be purchasing a full-sized bottle. If you haven’t tried this yet, I suggest you make a break for your nearest perfume counter and dive in!
It’s a feminine, cheerful, and provocative scent that even enticed my cosmetic-virgin mother… Don’t miss out!
6) Kate Spade, Kate Spade, Kate Spade… need I say more? Gosh, I am captivated by this felt, beantown bag. It’s a superb addition to any winter wardrobe with the charming button detail and high-brow color blocking.
I personally prefer the gray/heather color but, it also comes in beige and red.
That’s my wishlist for this month; the last of 2013 fancies. What are your wishes for December? Are you hoping for something extra special? I’d love to hear about it!