I don’t post a lot about nail polishes, which I recently realized was quite a shame since I am pretty regular about getting my nails done every couple of weeks and am constantly on the search for that next, perfect shade. While I was contemplating all about this, I thought it would be fun to share my picks for the top nail colors I plan to be wearing this spring/summer. These hues range from bright & tropical to flirtatious and full-bodied.
1) Illamasqua Nail Varnish, “Stance”– I was inspired to start loving this color when Pantone announced the color of the year for 2014, radiant orchid. Although, this color has been presented in different, wearable ways all over the blogosphere, I think a nail lacquer might be my favorite way to see this festive pigment displayed.
The actual representation of the color can go from a paler purple/lilac version to this bold, fuchsia translation. For my skin tone, and the warmer weather, I prefer to don what I think is the more eye-catching of the two. If you have cooler casts to your complexion trying a varnish like “Jo’mina” (same brand and color family) might suit you better.
2) OPI, “My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours!”– From the Euro Centrale Collection comes this sassy tint that will have heads turning every time you swipe your debit card at the grocery store. I, first and foremost, was drawn to the color because of the beach bound, sultry, saturation. I was completely taken when I read the name. Paprika is one of my favorite spices to work with in the kitchen and one of my favorite dishes to make with it is Chicken Paprikash; a traditional, Hungarian, comfort food.
Sporting this tint, I can take the warmth of one of my favorite meals and combine it with a bikini ready mani/pedi.
3) Essie, “Naughty Nautical”– Turquoise and teal are my favorite colors in the world but, I have a hard time finding a tasteful way to apply it in my every day look. I feel like Essie polishes are some of the most quality that I’ve used. Smooth application, extended wear without chipping, and pure, rich color. I died and went to heaven when I saw this shimmery, maritime inspired enamel. All it makes me think of is sipping Mai Tai’s with my gal pals with an ocean view. Definitely, considering wearing this on our cruise to the Bahamas… Would you?
4) Zoya, “Taylor”– Every girl has to have her go-to, neutral wash. I am a big fan of OPI “San Tan-tonio” (I may have said that before) but, I have been really drawn to Zoya products lately and couldn’t resist posting what I think could be one of my new standbys.
Some of you might view this as a preppy, ‘safe’ choice BUT, when worn with the right outfit & accessories, nude nails can be one of the most classy, uptown girl looks out there. The shiny finish, creamy formula, and full coverage make this opaque polish worth the purchase.
5) MAC Nail Lacquer, “Riot Gear”– As you’ve probably figured out by now, I’m not much of a pastel girl. Massively brazen yellows and oranges (although I have to be majorly tan to pull them off) always catch my eye. They let my rebellious side out with a bit of a bang. Orange is making a big comeback within the last couple of years because now, instead of being considered as a clashing color, they are complimentary and channel vintage fashionistas.
Pair with other loud makeup choices to set the stage for a dramatic look that takes the stage or, wear with earth tones in order to make the intensity more work appropriate.
Thanks so much for reading my must-have tinges for the upcoming season. I’m sure that as time goes by I’ll be adding to my ever-growing adoration, especially considering the collections specifically for this time frame that are yet to be released. If you have any colors you think I should try out the next time I head in for a polish change at my favorite local salon, please leave them in the comments and I’ll do my best to oblige. 🙂
Happy Hump Day!