Favorite Flower (Teddy Bear Sunflower): Favorite Advice: Favorite Life-Saver Product: Favorite Photo (Boudoir): Favorite Detail (Lace Peter Pan Collar): Advertisements
With the release of her new book, X-factor ventures, the launch of her scholarship program, the loss of her father, and the demands of her music/acting career– Demi Lovato has a lot on her plate for a 21 year old. … Continue reading
The name “Alexa Chung” has been on the lips of every fashion and beauty blogger recently and here’s why… She’s thirty, flirty, and thriving! Alexa started modeling when she was 16 and has maintained a distinct, effortlessly chic, style that … Continue reading
I can’t really reiterate enough times how little I knew or cared about style, fashion, beauty…etc., until about a year or two ago. On one hand I think this balanced me out as a person and I have more appreciation … Continue reading
Sunday mornings are one of my favorite times of the week. It gives me time to reflect, meditate, and snuggle 🙂 This particular morning, I find the above list of ways to be happy completely inspirational.
I have previously blogged this exact list when I was blogging about my pregnancy but, for some reason, today it takes on a new meaning for me. Perhaps, I’m just feeling a little more grateful today for who I am and what I have.
(1) Something to do— In particular, today, I have a wedding to photograph. I get to witness the love between two people that is taking them to the next level in their relationship and in life. In my life, individually, I have a similar job. I see, daily, the love that my family members and friends have for me and for each other. I am a wife, a mom, a volunteer, a photographer, a blogger, and most importantly a unique person who has needs but, can also fill the needs of others. For this, I am extremely thankful.
(2) Something to love— I am in love with the concept of love. And, although my personal resolutions about others’ love for me may sometimes falter because of my lack of self-esteem or confidence, deep inside, I know that there is nothing greater than to love and be loved by another person. My husband reminds me of this daily and my children reinforce it even further. They are the cornerstones of my existence and I wouldn’t trade them for the world.
(3) Something to hope for— I hope that I can remain who I am as I mold and change and become a better version of myself. I hope that I can be a role model for my family and others. I hope that I can maintain my friendship with those who have taken the time to get to know me; especially God, who is my reason for hope in general. Without a connection to those who have the same faith and wishes as I do, nothing would be possible.
Why not take a second to think about the answers to these for yourself? Reblog if you feel like sharing your own feelings on this list!
Thank you so much for reading! I am eternally obliged to each of you ❤ Have a great Sunday!
Hey fashionistas! I need your styling advice! I admire so many of your styles and opinions which is why I’m turning to you to help me out with outfit styling for my next purchase. I have been dying for a … Continue reading
Okay, so, I might be stretching it a bit with my Tomb Raider reference but, hey give me a little credit for trying to look tough. 😉 Hubby called while he was waiting at the airport yesterday and said that … Continue reading
I don’t know if you go to see plays or shows at your local theater much but, if you’re like me, you probably wish you did it more often. So, when the opportunity arose for us to go see The … Continue reading
Hey Guys! Give a warm welcome to TheFridayGirl’s, Allie-May Redmond. She’s cute, caring, and a fabulous blogger from the UK. I asked her to collab with me for a couple of posts, on her site and mine, and this fashion post is just a glimpse in the massive amount of style this fashionista has! Read, enjoy, and then head over to http://thefridaygirl.co.uk/ to give her some WordPress love! 🙂
Hi all of Quin’s readers! I’m Allie-May and I’m a British beauty, fashion, lifestyle and dating blogger over at www.thefridaygirl.co.uk and I was asked by Quin to do a little guest post for her.
My post is all about a dream outfit I’d love to rock if I were on the FROW of any Fashion Week. This outfit is all about the statement Kenzo coat. I’m pairing this gorgeous coat with some great pieces from the high street, these Topshop Joni jeans are high-waisted and so flattering and this J. Crew jumper is really cute and right on the Ladylike trend for this season. These shoes had to go in there, a pop of colour, but not too much, these are from BCBG.com. These gorgeous nude sunglasses top it off perfectly.
Thanks guys! Allie x
This morning I woke up with a horrible migraine around 3 AM, which has since taken over my entire body. So, as I sit here in almost complete darkness, with my ceiling fan on high (wishing there was an ULTRA high setting), in my hubby’s x-large tee, with an Anthro Mug full of Gevalia and not a stitch of makeup on… I thought today would be a good day for a wishlist post [and some badly needed grammar corrections on previous posts!].
1) Miss Selfridge Faux Leather Pleated Midi Skirt– The only reason this skirt is on my wishlist instead of in my closet is because I have never ordered anything from the Miss Selfridge USA site and don’t know if the sizes are still listed in UK sizing or in American. (Any insight on this subject would be helpful!)
Pleather is making a BIG comeback this year and while flipping through the pages of the most recent issue of ELLE magazine I saw that school-girl style, pleated skirts (long & short) are going down the runways this season. It’s kind of an irresistible trend and a super versatile item to have in your wardrobe, which is why it’s #1 on my list. I’m not usually one to just go along with the crowd, especially when it comes to style. I enjoy finding pieces that I like, whether the media says they look good or not. However, this specific skirt is definitely customizable to almost anyone’s fashion sense and could translate well from day to night. And at $46 (34 Euro), it’s a pretty reasonable element to include in a post like this one.
2) Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in (591) “Alchimie“- Retailing for $27 online & in-store this is definitely a shade of polish to splurge on. Mossy greens are a great color for fall and are showing up all over runways in Paris. It’s a great alternative to the burgundy and red shades that usually greet us in the autumn season and, with a bit of shimmer, it’s a must-have color for sure! However, if you are more into the darker, ruddy colors at this time of the year try out this varnish in another great hue- Rouge Noir. Both of the tints I’ve mentioned here are limited edition (so, I hope I get mine soon enough!). View all of the Chanel nail colors, including the limited editions, HERE.
3) Illamasqua Lipstick in “Over”– I’m a big fan of Illamasqua lipstick, although some think it’s drying. I have this one in the color Plunge, a matt, pastel pink that really stands out on the lips. The company recently featured “Over” on their Facebook page and it was love at first sight for me. It, being a coral pink shade, can be appropriate for number of seasons. Possibly not winter but, from the swatches online, it looks like it’s definitely wearable for the majority of the year. It’s over $20 but, for this adaptable of a tone, I think it’s worth it.
Now, there is one more thing I MUST make mention of…
I saw this bag also while going page by page through the September issue of ELLE. At first, I just kept turning pages and didn’t really think much of it. But, over the past few days this bag has been haunting me. I’ve been fantasizing about it, I admit.
I can’t officially add it to my list of must haves because it is selling, in numerous colors, for approximately $500! There is also one that includes a leopard motif on the Kate Spade website for $1000. Needless to say, any price between those two is considerably out of my price range. But, I thought I’d show you guys my favorites anyway; so that we can all drool together. 😉
(Left: Sofia Purple; Right: Macchiato/Black)
What do you guys think of these items? Aren’t these totes to die for?